Working with Us
The way that our Doctors work with their patients differs considerably from the typical medical office you may be accustomed to. Please read the following information thoroughly to familiarize yourself with our process. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our office and we will be happy to help you.
WHAT TO EXPECT
After we receive ALL of your completed “New Patient” documents, we will call you to set up your initial consultation with your Doctor. As a new patient, your treatment is divided into 2 phases:
More information regarding each phase of your treatment is provided below.
The Case Review is the first step for all new patients and is designed to save money and time in the long-term by performing the appropriate evaluation and diagnostic testing before treatment begins. One of the cornerstones of our approach is “don’t guess, test”. Identifying the underlying dysfunctions contributing to your health problems is the key to truly healing – a successful and lasting outcome.
The Case Review process is comprised of 2 separate in-office appointments:
- Initial Consultation: Information Gathering
- Initial Consultation: Report of Findings
INITIAL CONSULTATION – INFORMATION GATHERING
This initial 120-minute consultation with your Doctor is for him to make sure he has all of the information needed to gain a comprehensive understanding of many of the factors affecting your health.
During the first 60 - 75 minutes your Doctor will:
- Review your chief reasons for seeing us and your most important health goals.
- Review the detailed Health History Questionnaire with you.
- Review the detailed Lifestyle Questionnaire with you.
- Perform any appropriate physical exams.
- Gather any other information that maybe pertinent to your case.
During the last 45 – 60 minutes, your Doctor will:
- Recommend initial diagnostic and laboratory testing, specifically tailored to your personal case.
- Provide you with customized dietary guidelines to follow for the next 30 days.
- Recommend initial medications, supplements and lifestyle modifications for you to begin.
* Please bring all of your current medications and supplements to your initial consultation.
Once we receive ALL of your lab results, we will proceed on to “Report of Findings” consultation. This typically occurs anywhere from 2 – 6 weeks after your initial consultation, because some labs may take 4 weeks. This is why it is very important that you have the labs completed in a timely matter as discussed with your Doctor. While waiting for your labs results to come in, you will be implementing the initial dietary, medications and/or supplements, and lifestyle modifications, making forward progress.
INITIAL CONSULTATION – REPORT OF FINDINGS
Before this 90-minute consultation with your Doctor, he will review all your lab results and integrate it with all the information gathered during your initial consultation to ultimately develop your personalized Care Plan.
During the “Report of Finding” consultation, your Doctor will:
- Review your diagnostic and testing results with you, including answering any of your questions regarding the results.
- Recommend any further testing (minimal, if necessary, at all)
- Discuss any underlying imbalances, dysfunctions, patterns, trigger, etc. that are contributing to your symptoms and chronic health problem.
- Review the suggested Care Plan with you, including dietary, medications, nutritional supplementation, and lifestyle modifications, including any questions you may have.
Once Phase One - Case Review is complete, you will have follow-up consultations on an as-needed basis. Typically, follow-up consultations are scheduled every 4 -12 weeks. This may be increased or decreased dependent on the specifics of your case, health needs, and progress. Where appropriate, consultations may be conducted with your doctor virtually - phone and/or video chat.
Please remember, one of the benefits of being a patient of T2 Health is our 24/7 direct access to your doctor via our secure messaging system (on your Patient Portal). Have a non-urgent question or concern, send a secure message to your doctor. We will respond within 24 business hours, however, typically we respond the same day.
DIAGNOSTIC AND LABORATORY TESTING
At T2 Health, we don’t guess, we test. At the same time, we strive to provide personalized care, including the recommended laboratory testing. We work with you to customize testing, taking into consideration your needs, preferences and budget so that it feels comfortable to you. The initial recommended laboratory tests can range from $500 – $4,000, depending on the complexity of your condition, level of diagnostics required, and what your insurance may or may not cover.
MEDICATIONS & NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTATION
At T2 Health, we strive to address the real cause (root cause) of your chronic health condition with nutrition and lifestyle as the cornerstone of your Care Plan. Your Care plan may include medications and/or nutritional supplements, which range from $200 - $500 per month depending on the personalized protocol(s) recommended to treat your chronic health condition(s).
As your condition improves, some (or all) of your medications and supplements may be discontinued. However, we have found that we retain certain nutritional supplements (i.e. multi-vitamins, Magnesium, EFA’s) as the nutrients provided in our food sources today have significantly declined. Typically for on-going treatment, fees for medications and/or nutritional supplementation range from $75 - $250 per month.
If you have any questions regarding our process, please do not hesitate to call our office and we will be happy to help you.